Ebony with alum pins.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dieseldoc

Custom click with Schmidt push button 74 alum pins.
Knurl twist with 36 Alum pins.
920C12BB-1251-4907-983D-976733EF3BC8.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Well done my friend! Symmetry is excellent, as is the turning after the inserts were done. This design is very difficult, and much planning went into it. Not many will appreciate what was needed to do this.

Thanks for sharing and I extend well wishes for the rest of 2019. Be well.

Cheers, Mark

Dieseldoc

My journy started long ago with Patrick R. Post clickers and stands, beings I like clicker and found the Schmidt SKM 88 push button was the cure for crappy Slim Line Pro kits. So after making several modifications to the Slim line I was able to come up with my custom three twist pin pen.
Now for the blank my good friend John Eldeen was making the Pinned pen's which were based on cigar blank. Refining my custom pin blank I was able to apply his process to a single blank which on .421 blank does't leave much room with a 8mm tube. Was able to make it work after several try's. Also decided to try a twist single blank pen which worked out.
Thanks to Patrick and John for sharing there process.

Cheers

Charlie

jttheclockman

Thanks for the clarification. I knew I had seen the design before and thought it was you. You did well making it work. When I did mine I did straight rows. May have to try the spiral thing. Thanks for showing.

Top Bottom