Ebony Sale at Woodpeckers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

walshjp17

Link does not work. "

Whoops, our bad...

The page you requested was not found, and we have a fine guess why.
  • If you typed the URL directly, please make sure the spelling is correct.
  • If you clicked on a link to get here, the link is outdated.

EricRN

You guys gotta stop posting stuff like this. It's killing my budget. :rolleyes: $24 for 1 x 3 x 24 in. Gaboon ebony is less than half the board-foot price for comparable rough stock of Gaboon in my area. And a 5-pack of pen blanks for roughly the cost of one at woodcraft. Hard not to stock up...

henry1164

You guys gotta stop posting stuff like this. It's killing my budget. :rolleyes: $24 for 1 x 3 x 24 in. Gaboon ebony is less than half the board-foot price for comparable rough stock of Gaboon in my area. And a 5-pack of pen blanks for roughly the cost of one at woodcraft. Hard not to stock up...
It is people like you that bust budgets for others like me! I was content to look at this sale and say "how nice" but your comments pushed me over the edge to buy which is killing my budget. Thanks for that!!! ;-) Oh, well it's only 2022 money.

Last edited:

Wmcullen

James-
Thanks for mentioning this sale... I've been wanting to try ebony and pulled the trigger because of your post. Lovely stuff!!
Cullen
ebony1.jpg

sbwertz

Has anyone else had problems with pens made from ebony cracking? I now use ebony only for accents and segmenting because every single ebony pen I ever made cracked within a year. Maybe it is just our dry desert climate.

Wmcullen

Sharon
Thanks for the warning. I'll keep an eye on it for cracking but was, like you, thinking about using it mostly of accents. Thanks!

jttheclockman

Has anyone else had problems with pens made from ebony cracking? I now use ebony only for accents and segmenting because every single ebony pen I ever made cracked within a year. Maybe it is just our dry desert climate.
I have used Gabon ebony for many pens over the years and never had one crack that I know of. Now I have some in storage that I may have to pull out and check before I go to craft shows again. I just made and have a few more I am working on that incorporates gabon ebony. If it cracks on pens then it should crack when segmented too which I have not found either. Have a blank I made last year that I was suppose to spray a lacquer finish on it and never did get around to it. I looked at it today and it is still fine.

Top Bottom