Ebony and Ivory (vegetable)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cwalker935

Cwalker935

Bruce (brobbins629) gave me some Tagua nuts to play with. I had no clue how to work with them so I took the smallest nut and cut a slice out of it and did a simple segmented slimline with a custom center band. Bruce will expect me to be more creative with the next one so the pressure is on.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Nice job Cody but these are not Tagua. They come from Micronesia and I think are from the palm family. Only place in the world they grow this big. Google Micronesia vegetable ivory for more info.

wood-of-1kind

The tagua nut is "whiter" than what you are showing and has voids throughout. I was fortunate enough to purchase some very large tagua nuts and was able to make a complete 2 part Euro pen.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    232.6 KB · Views: 237

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Irregardless of the specific "nuts" you were dealing with (you knew that would come up eventually :eek: ) - I really like the finished pen. Very nice project.

Considering the locale of your house, you may want to keep the windows and doors shut - may be an "attractive nuisance" for some hungry squirrels, chipmunks, mice or... 🐿🐀🦔🐉🐫

Very cool.

Mike Washburg

I like the center band and the overall shape that the slimline pen takes on because of it. Can you tell me or refer me somewhere to learn more about how to make bands like that?

Top Bottom