Ebony and Alu

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ironwood

Ironwood

I started concocting this pen over my morning coffee, by the time I called it quits this afternoon, this is where its at.

It will be a Rollerball, using a Pilot G2 refill.

New Guinea Ebony and 6060 aluminium, and some black ebonite for the cap sleeve.

The pen barrel is finished turned, but still waiting for some CA and wax, this will be done in the morning.

The cap still has to be turned to size and tapped , and a clip added. I am still dreaming up a clip for this one. Stay tuned.

The cap threads are 12 x 0.8mm 2x start, the thread for the section/nib is 5/16 unf.

The photo is a quicky using a couple of speed lights in the hallway, will use my usual setup for the finished pen tomorrow.

DSC_1346.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ironwood

Brad, what is the plan for the nib/section? Gonna be a beautiful pen!

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app
Thanks Dan. Am planning a one piece aluminium job. I have a profile in mind, hopefully I can pull it off.
The cap and clip will be a new one for me, hoping to make a one piece cap with a clip that I have been planning for a while now. Tomorrow will tell if it's gonna work or not.

Ironwood

Lookin' GOOD !! ... and VERY interesting !!!
Cheers Mal.

I didn't get much done today. Got a few coats of CA on the pen body, will sand tomorrow.
I changed tack on the section, now going with an Ebony section, aluminium nib.
I thought I had some 1.6mm stainless wire that I was going to use for the clip, but I can't find it. Still undecided which way to go with it now.
Definitely won't be going to town to get wire, so it will be something I can find in the shed.

Top Bottom