Ebonite polishing

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

NT_2112

Hi all.

Can I get more gloss/shine from Ebonite or is this about it using Micromesh?

5DFA6336-A14A-451B-8BB5-E92CD578138E.jpegDB24786C-D231-4763-9634-6749EA74F8DC.jpeg
Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

1shootist

Pictures are kinda difficult to judge but it looks like you could get more from it.

On ebonite I wet sand from 320, 400, 600, 800 and wet sand using M.mesh pads..then I use Dr. KIRKS Scratch remover..followed by Meguiers Plastx car polish. I still dont think its great after this but it's presentable.
Last night I used "TonyL's" file in the IAP library and put together a 3 wheel buffing system using one of my lathes..though I honestly think it dulled what finish I had, but I am using cheapo ryobi buffing wheels so I need to look more into better wheels.
Anyways, I think to get a better shine it's going to require buffing wheels..I just need to buy the ones Tony recommends.

Look at my last couple of posts in " show off your pens", this is using everything above except the buffing setup.

Chief TomaToe

For what little experience I have with ebonite, the trick for me is buffing after micro-mesh. I only use the one step blue stick buffing compound, and that is enough to get me a mirror shine.

1shootist

For what little experience I have with ebonite, the trick for me is buffing after micro-mesh. I only use the one step blue stick buffing compound, and that is enough to get me a mirror shine.
Ronnie, can you tell me what blue stick is...or where you get yours from.
Thanks,
Russ

J_B

My preference anything non-wood...wet sand through all the mesh pads at a medium speed then finish up only utilizing novus #2 polish at high speed an never have been disappointed with the outcome.

Top Bottom