ebonite fountain pen completed today

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jick wu

jick wu

I made a pen today, but I did not finish it in a day. I made 8# nibs recently. Before I did it, I was always curious about the pattern inside, but the results did not disappoint me.

20210429210548.jpg

20210429210627.jpg

20210429210639.jpg

20210429210647.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jick wu

您是如何完成硬玉的?

您是如何完成硬玉的?
是的,它像其他树脂材料一样进行加工,但是其硬度更高。用硬质合金钻头更容易获得所需的孔径。不同的钻头将替换在锥形帽上。当然,内部会有高低的台阶。整支笔的价格是350美元,所以我花更多的时间在细磨和车削上,我用战士砂纸(120-3000目)用水打磨,然后用布轮抛光机和名仕紫蜡打磨。选择绒布轮是非常重要的,否则笔架不会发光。

penicillin

Here is a translation of @jick wu's reply above, using Google Translate. Original was found to be Chinese. He/she was responding to my question, "How did you finish the ebonite?"

"Yes, it is processed like other resin materials, but its hardness is higher. It is easier to obtain the required hole diameter with a carbide drill. Different drill bits will be replaced on the conical cap. Of course, there will be high and low steps inside. The price of the whole pen is 350 US dollars, so I spend more time on fine grinding and turning. I use warrior sandpaper (120-3000 mesh) to polish with water, and then polish with cloth wheel polisher and Mingshi purple wax. It is very important to choose a flannel wheel, otherwise the pen holder will not shine."

jick wu

Love it! Can you describe how the clip is attached?
Regarding the fixing of the clip, the pen cap is divided into sections. I used a 6.5mm tap die to connect the sections. The top section of the pen cap was cut into a suitable slot with a slot knife, and a window was inserted into the entire pen clip. Since it has been delivered, I didn't shoot here, I will shoot and explain next time.

Top Bottom