Ebonite and Chip Kitless FP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ironwood

Ironwood

I have been making slow but steady progress on this latest pen. Used some Acrylic Acetate and black Ebonite, the cap will be a similar theme.
It has been sanded only to 400 grit so far.

I am trying to see how small I can go while still using a #6 nib and standard converter.
12mm cap threads, 12.2mm maximum diameter tapering down to 11mm at the finial, 125mm total length including the nib.

There was a bit off a mishap while taking the final cut on the section, right up near the cap threads there is a line from a dig in with the skew ( visible in the 2nd pic)
Still deciding what to do to cover it up, I have a couple of mm spare on the length of the pen, so if I can work out how to chuck up the section accurately, I can use a parting tool to take out the damaged section of the section and run the thread along another mm or 2. Failing this , I guess its a new section, or I can just live with it ( probably not, because it will annoy me every time I look at it )
It is an experimental prototype, so maybe I will end up just leaving it and moving on to the next one.

Feedback, questions, and CC welcome.
DSC_1363.jpg

DSC_1364.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jalbert

There was a bit off a mishap while taking the final cut on the section, right up near the cap threads there is a line from a dig in with the skew ( visible in the 2nd pic)
Still deciding what to do to cover it up, I have a couple of mm spare on the length of the pen, so if I can work out how to chuck up the section accurately
Make a mandrel to hold the section. 52tpi is a close match for the threads on the jowo housing. I use mandrels for holding section my sections now when I cut the threads on them or do other shaping.
http://instagr.am/p/B6nisy7DrNa/

magpens

I really like this new pen, Brad !!!!

Very classy indeed !! . I'm going to be following your progress.

Top Bottom