Easy chop saw jig.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

grpass

I use my chop saw for cutting blanks to length. This makes it much easier to control the blank. Attach a straight piece of wood with a clamp. Let's you have much better control.
20220116_125825.jpg
20220116_125945.jpg
20220116_125930.jpg
16424712645364825232959758324553.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rherrell

You need to make a new "zero clearance" insert, that yellow thing has too wide of a slot in it, an accident waiting to happen.
Cut a piece of wood and plane it to the right thickness, trace and drill the screw holes, install it and make a cut in it. Now you have a zero clearance insert and nothing will get caught between it and the blade.
If you can't do that then cut a piece of plywood big enough to cover the whole saw base and stick it down with some double sided tape.
Miter saws have a lot of power so do everything you can to avoid kickback.

NJturner

Jumping on some of the earlier comments - I couldn't get past the giant gap in the throat plate to even figure out what was being said - a gap that size is a huge safety hazard, never mind the effect of the blade on the wood. Before I began thinking of any other mods for the saw, I would first invest in getting that throat plate fixed - and consider keeping a couple of them handy for future use or if you change blade angles a lot. I can't think of what could have gotten the blade slot that wide unless something else is loose or misaligned on the chops blade head, so maybe also take a look at the chop head assembly for something else that is loose or not set correctly.

Woodchipper

I have a Delta chop saw and the throat place is like that. Measured at 9/16 inch wide and a solid base. No replaceable insert. BTW, I cut my blanks on a bandsaw.

Top Bottom