Dymondwood pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dougle40

Status
Not open for further replies.

dougle40

This was an experiment to see what a pen would look like if I glued up two different colors of Dymondwood on the diagonal . The picture is of the same pen from both sides . It's sanded to 1500 grit and finished with Turners Polish .

2004121453520_Double%20pens%20sm.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

Nice pen Doug, I have good luck selling this material and it finishes nicely. Agreed Gregg, I tossed more blanks when I first started with this stuff. Anthony

dougle40

I love working with Dymondwood . The one thing that I've never had - YET- is a blowout .

I buy all my DW as straight grained and cut and re-glue to a diagonal pattern using "Hot Stuff - Super T" glue . Since the 2 surfaces to be joined are the outsides of the blank , the one thing that I did find out is that you HAVE to sand both faces with (at least) 80 grit sandpaper before the actual glue-up .

I've added a pic with arrows pointing to the transition point between the 2 woods and as you can see , it's virtually invisable and can not be felt either .

4152731_Dymondwood%20Pen%20Trans.%20001-1%20Marked.jpg
<br />

dougle40

As a PS: to the last post -- I buy all my Dymondwood from a Canadian distributer for $7.00 Cdn. or about $5.65 US per piece . Each piece is 5/8"x5/8"x30" of which you can get up to 5 pens per piece . If anyone would like the link to my supplier just let me know and I'll post his web site here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom