Dyed Box Elder Burl - Baron, Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from karlkuehn

Status
Not open for further replies.

karlkuehn

Banned
Here's a couple that I've been working on, both with dyed box elder burl from my tree. I've been playing with different dye methods.

The Baron has an inclusion that I filled with gold leaf, finish is satin Shellawax (customer doesn't like all our glossy stuff :p). The blue one has some flame in it that turned out kind of neat - CA/BLO finish. :)

BoxElderBurl1_1.jpg

BoxElderBurl1_2.jpg

BoxElderFlameBurlDyed1_1.jpg

BoxElderFlameBurlDyed1_2.jpg

BoxElderFlameBurlDyed1_3.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

winpooh498

Both are very nice! I like the blue the best, the flame really adds character. Great job on the pictures, what is up with the movement in the mirror? It kind of makes me dizzy [;)]

karlkuehn

Banned
Originally posted by winpooh498
<br />Both are very nice! I like the blue the best, the flame really adds character. Great job on the pictures, what is up with the movement in the mirror? It kind of makes me dizzy [;)]

Near as I can tell, the reflection on the mirror is tripled, the face of the glass, the underside of the glass, and the actual silvering on the mirror. I really need to get some colored plexi! heh

*looks at pictures and falls out of chair*

*thud*

bitshird

Karl first let me say that both prns a real nice,and secondly at first I wasn't very keen on the pics, done on a mirror, but I'm really starting to appreciate the quality of the entire pen, Most images you only see possibly 60% of the actual pen, it could have one side that looked not as good as the other.
shooting them on the reflective surface doesn't leave much to the imagination, it rather bares it all, Nice touch for such well crafted and beautiful pens
Ken Ferrell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom