Dye blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Taylorrock99

My lady got me some dyes for x mas, but I am not sure how to use it. There is no English on the bottle, and cant seem to find alot of info on it. Is this dye that is applied after my wood is turned, or I need to like soak it with the dye?

Attachments

• 20200111_142148.jpg
    20200111_142148.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 119
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

eharri446

I use that type of dye when I need to tint my epoxy for a translucent acrylic blank. It also works well with epoxy casting resins. However, DO NOT attempt to use it with Alumilite, the polyurethane version, as it will cause it to foam like crazy.

Don Rabchenuk

From Woodcraft's website as they now sell these. "
Details

Mixol Universal Tints, like this blue tint (09), are the most concentrated, highest quality tints on the market today. They are compatible with most water, solvent, lacquer and oil-based stains, coatings, shellacs, epoxies, waxes, varnishes, wood fillers, etc. "Ease of tinting or mixing" is often cited as the main attribute to Mixol, along with the "sophisticated" color palette. Mixol tints are highly resistant to heat or frost damage. They won't dry out or thicken (because they are binder-free), so there is a very long shelf/shop life. Check out our entire offering of 25 distinct colors, 11 of which are oxide-based (colors 03, 04, 05, 14, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, & 25)). The oxide-based colors are made from inorganic pigments which make them colorfast, fade-resistant and weatherproof. These oxide colors are ideal for exterior applications or where UV fading may occur. Cleanup is very easy with soap and water. Mixol tints are not flammable or hazardous."

Top Bottom