DVDs - ALL SOLD!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I've watched all of these multiple times, so it's time to move them out.

The price includes shipping by USPS Media Mail. If you want something else, we'll discuss. I tried to hit no more than 40% of retail.

Bundle 1: Richard Raffan, $30 ** SOLD **
Includes: Turning Wood, Turning Projects, Turning Boxes, The New Turning Wood
Raffan.JPG

Bundle 2: Bowl Turning, $30 ** SOLD **
Bowl Turning by John Jordan, Bowl Turning with Del Stubbs,
Woodturning with Steven Russell Volume III, Bowl Turning: Step by Step
Bowl Basics with Lyle Jamieson, Turned Bowls Made Easy with Bill Grumbine
Bowls.JPG

Bundle 3: Alan Lacer, $25 ** SOLD **
The Skew Chisel, Son of Skew
Lacer.JPG

Bundle 4: Mike Mahoney, $25 ** SOLD **
Heirlooms: Making Things That Last, Bowl Basics
Mahoney.JPG

Bundle 5: Glenn Lucas, $25 ** SOLD **
Mastering Woodturning Series: Bowl Turning Techniques, Tools & Techniques
Lucas.JPG

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Just a curious question Jeff, has any or all of these videos played a role in your woodworking endeavors?? You do not post much of your work here. Would like to see some of your things. I know myself at times I use to go to woodworking shows and they would get the blood pumping and I saw tools and gizmos and gadgets that I thought I needed and bought and I still have things floating around the shop that I never used and probably need a lesson as to how to. I use to stop by the book and magazine store and pick up all the ones that I thought I needed. Never to open and in fact probably need to do a purge myself. You should see the collection of Pool playing Tapes I have. That was another dream. :):):)

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Just a curious question Jeff, has any or all of these videos played a role in your woodworking endeavors?? You do not post much of your work here. Would like to see some of your things. I know myself at times I use to go to woodworking shows and they would get the blood pumping and I saw tools and gizmos and gadgets that I thought I needed and bought and I still have things floating around the shop that I never used and probably need a lesson as to how to. I use to stop by the book and magazine store and pick up all the ones that I thought I needed. Never to open and in fact probably need to do a purge myself. You should see the collection of Pool playing Tapes I have. That was another dream. :):):)

I'm not sure what role they played, but they certainly exposed me to the 20 different ways that 20 different people do the same thing. When I'm trying to learn something, I like to understand all the ways it can be done and then sort distill my own process from those. The Raffan videos were good motivators for getting results that are good enough, maybe not perfect. The Lacer videos showed me the real variety of what a sharp skew can accomplish. I'm in the process of thinning out ahead of a move, so more stuff is coming. I've accumulated so much stuff that I have not or will never use. It's a mental and physical burden. I'm kind of getting to the point in my life where gadgets and gizmos are useless, and I can accomplish all I need with the basics. Same story in the kitchen.

jttheclockman

I'm not sure what role they played, but they certainly exposed me to the 20 different ways that 20 different people do the same thing. When I'm trying to learn something, I like to understand all the ways it can be done and then sort distill my own process from those. The Raffan videos were good motivators for getting results that are good enough, maybe not perfect. The Lacer videos showed me the real variety of what a sharp skew can accomplish. I'm in the process of thinning out ahead of a move, so more stuff is coming. I've accumulated so much stuff that I have not or will never use. It's a mental and physical burden. I'm kind of getting to the point in my life where gadgets and gizmos are useless, and I can accomplish all I need with the basics. Same story in the kitchen.
I hear that Jeff. I am not moving and in fact in the middle of final remodel that will take me out to the promised land. This is getting more and more difficult because I just can not do the things I use to and had planned over the years. My thoughts on building my own kitchen cabinets is out the door. Now over the years I acquired many tools with this project in mind. Like you I also accumulated many books. I too have too many gizmos and gadgets that I will never use. My Dad always said do not bite off more than you can chew, well at times I did not listen. Alan Lacer is a great person to copy his skew work and use from. I have his videos and books and bought his skews. Never used his skew. Still brand new. Have a few others that I just got accustomed to over the years. I have sooooooooooooo many woodworking magazines that I have accumulating over the years and now need to either move them or just throw away and it would be ashame to do that. I have stopped all subscriptions to all magazines. Age has caught up with me for sure. Good luck in your move and your cleaning project.

Top Bottom