Dust Free Sanding Paste

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

I saw that and was wondering the same. I do have ample dust collection and air filtration and wear a mask, but I thought this may help.

I also wonder if it works with Abranet and the like.

John Eldeen

I have used a similar product that I made from a mix of beeswax and mineral oil on bowls it works ok but it is kind of a mess. It will sling all over as you part is turning. You also need to spend a fair amount of time cleaning your part between grits. In the end I don't use it anymore it was more of a hassle then the dust. I would also caution before you try it consider what your final finish will be. I would not want to put a ca finish over a waxed surface.

I use a product similar to Cap'n Eddie's post... It's very similar to the Yorkshire Grit that is sold out of England through Amazon and TheWalnutlog.com... it's a mixture of mineral oil, beeswax and DE (diatomaceous earth ).... after my final sanding, I use the abrasive grit to start my finish, followed by a sanding sealer then several coats of wipe on poly... I don't do pens though, I use this on my pepper mills and bowls.

I've never had an issue with the sanding sealer sticking to the wood. I make sure that I've ensured that the Abrasive grit has completely been rubbed into the wood... I rub with a paper towel until it comes back clean before going to the sanding sealer. To make your own, check out Daniel Vilarino's video on U-tube....

Gary Beasley

The way I understand it the grit breaks down finer and finer as you polish till you get a smooth finish. You put it on with the machine off and rub it in then start it and work it in. If you try to add more you will be starting all over again with coarse grit. I'm told it will not interfere with putting a finish on it but haven't had time to find that out yet.

Top Bottom