Duck Head?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from vtgaryw

vtgaryw

OK, I'm not a wood carver, although my wife did get me a set of carving tools for Christmas. But when wandering through my woods the other day, I picked up this interesting piece of wood. Not sure if it was a branch or root. It was pretty wet, but it's dried out quickly.

Looks a lot like the DU logo. Not sure at this point what to do with it, maybe stabilize it to start?

Gary

Attachments

• Duck Root.jpg
    Duck Root.jpg
    343 KB · Views: 236
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

vtgaryw

Hadn't thought of mounting it to a plaque, more of how to incorporate it into a bigger piece, but I like the idea!

Gary

Lucky2

Gary, it's natural the way it was found, now wouldn't be the time to do something to it, to ruin how unique it looks. I like the idea of keeping it the way it is, and putting it on display that way. Because of its uniqueness, I might even go as far as to mount and frame it.

Len

pshrynk

There's a way to make photographic prints and have them printed on wood. My wife is an artist and has used this method. If you have a favorite photo that is, say, a wetlands landscape of interest, then get that printed up on wood. Then, figure out a way to mount the head in a place that brings focus to the head and to other elements of the print. If you're interested, I can get the lab name from my wife so you can get the print made. As I recall, it's not terribly expensive, either.

Top Bottom