Drill Doctor 400

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hazmat74

Anybody familiar with this model? Reviews I've found online are decent. One is for sale for $35 and I'm thinking about grabbing it. Says it's in good condition, barely used. Still in the case and with all documentation.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan Masshardt

Anybody familiar with this model? Reviews I've found online are decent. One is for sale for $35 and I'm thinking about grabbing it. Says it's in good condition, barely used. Still in the case and with all documentation.

I saw that one in Middletown too. I've been looking at them a little bit since they've been mentioned here. One question seems to be whether you want to be able to sharpen bits over 1/2". That's where this model tops out I believe.

brownsfn2

Get the 750x. It will do all the bits you need. I bought one and it has worked out great. I did a buffalo horn pen last week and it dulled my bits. I went to drill antler last night and had a hard time of it. After a quick touch up with the Dr. it drilled lick butter. :)

hazmat74

I saw that one in Middletown too. I've been looking at them a little bit since they've been mentioned here. One question seems to be whether you want to be able to sharpen bits over 1/2". That's where this model tops out I believe.

Yeah, same thing here. I don't have many bits over a half inch currently, but who knows going forward. I should probably save my money for more kits, blanks and a sharpening jig, though I could make one of those and spend the money on more kits and blanks.

hazmat74

Get the 750x. It will do all the bits you need. I bought one and it has worked out great. I did a buffalo horn pen last week and it dulled my bits. I went to drill antler last night and had a hard time of it. After a quick touch up with the Dr. it drilled lick butter. :)

Not sure if I should be taking the word of a Browns fan...

:biggrin:

NittanyLion

I would grab it....I have the 750 and hardly ever use bits over 1/2".....besides, those are easy to sharpen on a grinder, stone, or sander. The price is good.

monstersdad99

Buy a second chuck later if need to sharpen larger bits

I started my career for Drill Doctor but I haven't worked there for many years. The way it used to be if you bought the 500 or the 750 the only difference is that the 750 came with two chucks. The units are exactly the same from the housing to the motor.

Top Bottom