Drill bit stand?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hanau

Made a drill bit stand and would like to know if I should change the drill bit sizes or is it fine they way it is?

Remove some of the larger drill bits and put places for a few other things? ( barrel trimmer pen barrel insertion tube)

If i can keep the price down i would like to offer them for sale.

Attachments

• 20170826_205136 (1).jpg
    20170826_205136 (1).jpg
    178 KB · Views: 377
  • 20170826_205107 (1).jpg
    20170826_205107 (1).jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 358
  • 20170826_204913.jpg
    20170826_204913.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 335
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ambidex

Looks good! I'd be interested if you had one with all the common pen-related sizes involved. Perhaps a little extra room for some add-ons would be a good idea. You know how we pen-makers can be with never having too much:rolleyes:

MRDucks2

I like it as is. I do "kit" things together and feel the accessory slots would be too general to meet everyone's expectations. Bits are bits and pulling the right ones from sets would be ideal. Let me know when you are ready to sell.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Ambidex

Looks good! I'd be interested if you had one with all the common pen-related sizes involved. Perhaps a little extra room for some add-ons would be a good idea. You know how we pen-makers can be with never having too much:rolleyes:

I didn't mean extra holes or slots...I meant enough room around the circumference for us to make add-on holes for other bits or items we may want to keep with our bits. No big deal, just was trying to help.:wink: Either way I'd be interested...looks like a great rig.

hanau

I didn't mean extra holes or slots...I meant enough room around the circumference for us to make add-on holes for other bits or items we may want to keep with our bits. No big deal, just was trying to help.:wink: Either way I'd be interested...looks like a great rig.

About how much more room?
And how would want it spaced,
These measures Approx 7.5 x 5.25
Stand offs are 3" tall

Ambidex

About how much more room?
And how would want it spaced,
These measures Approx 7.5 x 5.25
Stand offs are 3" tall

Maybe a width of about 3/4" around the circumference? Or even just on one side be it front or back? Just throwing ideas out as I'll take one with or without the extra room. I'd like for others to chime in with their opinions too!:)

Ambidex

Forget it John. I just took a closer look and saw that there actually is already room for some additions. I didn't look close enough originally. Sorry for the interruption. I'll go sit in the corner now.:biggrin:

Talltim

I am set up in this area. Yours looks good. I will say when it comes to tool storage and access, I almost entirely look for things that attach to the wall behind my bench. I hate cleaning up and vacuuming chips up around things on my bench. From my perspectives a couple wall brackets would be good

Top Bottom