Dragon

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cwalker935

Cwalker935

So I decided to sign up for a How to Carve a Dragon class. I am a novice carver and this may have been a little too ambitious. Not entirely happy with my choice of colors and the fit of the wings to the body.

2E7C5054-1FFE-4989-ADDB-13FD1ADAB59C.jpg

4A0F7E53-3B82-4D5B-A12B-4A4507079C61.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

Cody.......How do I say this?......That is one butt ugly carving:eek::eek:...it would scare buzzards away!!

Who knew there was a dragon carving class?? Good go at it. That definitely is not a carving 101 project. Have you named this monstrosity yet?

If we weren't friends, I would never write this!! Always good to see what you tackle....like black smithing!:biggrin::)

magpens

Nice work, Cody !!! . But, I guess it is good to remember that dragons are not exactly a thing of beauty !

I hope you know that Charlie really means well ... but he does have a problem expressing his compliments in a traditionally complimentary way !! :biggrin:

... especially to his friends ...

It is good to take a tolerant stance ...

Can I ask just one question ... Are you going to bring that ... ummm ... dragon into the house in the winter ?

Last edited:

Cwalker935

Cody.......How do I say this?......That is one butt ugly carving:eek::eek:...it would scare buzzards away!!

Who knew there was a dragon carving class?? Good go at it. That definitely is not a carving 101 project. Have you named this monstrosity yet?

If we weren't friends, I would never write this!! Always good to see what you tackle....like black smithing!:biggrin::)

He was kind of cute before I stained him red and gave him orange pupils, I was going to name him snaggletooth but that doesn't seem to fit anymore. Definitely not Puff. I am open to suggestions.

My sister says he looks demonic which is a nicer way of saying butt ugly.

Charlie_W

He was kind of cute before I stained him red and gave him orange pupils, I was going to name him snaggletooth but that doesn't seem to fit anymore. Definitely not Puff. I am open to suggestions.

Morning Cody,

All joking aside, you did very well carving this 3D dragon.....if I had tried that, it would probably look like a dog or a rock with wings!
It is good to see you working in different mediums. Before long, you will be blending your many talents.
Keep it up!

Talltim

I have done a lot of carving over the years. For a novice carver you did very well.

I suppose if you breath fire all the time it might make you look a little orange.

Cwalker935

Morning Cody,

All joking aside, you did very well carving this 3D dragon.....if I had tried that, it would probably look like a dog or a rock with wings!
It is good to see you working in different mediums. Before long, you will be blending your many talents.
Keep it up!

Thanks! That's what I am hoping to do, incorporate some caving into my turning.

Cwalker935

I entered my dragon in the James River Wood Carvers annual competition and got a blue ribbon. Still have not come up with a name for him.

Top Bottom