Dragon pen problems

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jdclaus

I'm having trouble with the dragon pen kit. The upper body won't fit snuggly against the center band. It's happened several times. Anyone know how to fix that?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
When I have issues with pieces that are tension fit but there is not enough, or any, tension to fit them I use 5 minute epoxy. It has to do with the milling of the parts and millimeters really count with fine pieces like pens.

randyrls

To join the thread; The center band on several of the series of pens from PSI are uneven on both sides of the CB. The CB is two part and you can take it apart. Flatten the outside ring of the CB with sandpaper. Another issue is that the inside part sometimes sticks above the outside part making is impossible to press the tube against the outside part.

A last issue is the CB has a sharp angle at the point where the brass tube meets the CB. You may need to relieve the brass tube so it flattens against the inside of the tube.

I think the underlying problem is that the parts are made to fit the pen before the finish is applied to the part.

Top Bottom