Draft Pen Box / Pen Stand contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gimpy

DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT

Welcome to the 2019 Birthday Bash
Pen Box / Pen Stand Contest

The Pen Box & Pen Stand contests have been combined this year in an attempt of getting more entries.
The IAP Universal Contest Rules apply unless otherwise stated.
This contest is open to all ages and genders and is geared towards the basic workmanship and skills of each participant.
The contest will begin on (Feb 1, 2019) and entries are due no later than ( Feb 18, 2019) at 12am midnight.
There will be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize, and yes, there is the possibility of the same entrant winning more than one prize.
All entries will be posted at the same time following the contest deadline thus giving all entries equal time to be judged.

DO NOT POST PICTURES IN THIS THREAD

Send entries to (Yet to be determined) and please include your IAP member name, full name and mailing address per each entry.
Winner will be determined via the IAP members popular vote.
The final poll will be posted and the voting results will be public at that time.

Rules:
 Only one (1) entry shall be permitted per category. One (1) Pen Box and/or one (1) Pen Stand.
 The Pen Box / Pen Stand shall be made by you (the person entering the contest) and complete including finish as if it were to be gifted or sold.
 * CNC's, Plasma cutters and lasers shall not be permitted in the process.
 The Pen Box / Pen Stand are to be "specific" to this contest only. Neither may have been shared / shown in any way shape or form. (eg: at a meeting, on the web, in a catalog)
 All photos shall be formatted as a jpg files and be under 256 KB.

Breakdown:
 Pen Box

 The box shall be made to hold one (1) pen
 Any materials and methods * may be used in the construction of the box and shall be readily available to everyone.
 Please provide a brief description and steps taken in the process of creating your box.
 Provide no more than four (4) photo's.
 One (1) photo shall show a commercial style stick or an advertising style pen in the box. (this is so no one will recognize one of "your" pens).

 Pen Stand

 The stand shall be crafted to hold your choice of one (1) to three (3) pens.
 Any materials and methods * may be used in the construction of the box and shall be readily available to everyone.
 Please provide of brief description and steps taken in the process of creating your stand.
 Provide no more than three (3) photo's without a pen displayed.
 One (1) photo shall be shown with a commercial style stick or advertising style pen in a prominent way to show the uniqueness of your craftmanship.

 Prizes:

 1st Place:

 2nd Place:

 3rd place

Last edited by a moderator:

jttheclockman

I am sorry I am a little confused or maybe alot confused:biggrin: or maybe just confused:biggrin:

When you say combined pen box and pen stand contest are you saying that a person who makes just a pen stand has to compete against a person who makes a box or vice versa??? Also if a person makes both he actually is competing against him or herself??? If that is the case this does not make much sense to a person who is confused.:):)

gimpy

I am sorry I am a little confused or maybe alot confused:biggrin: or maybe just confused:biggrin:

When you say combined pen box and pen stand contest are you saying that a person who makes just a pen stand has to compete against a person who makes a box or vice versa??? Also if a person makes both he actually is competing against him or herself??? If that is the case this does not make much sense to a person who is confused.:):)

You are correct, in both cases

jttheclockman

You are correct, in both cases

Hey it is your rules and you are the captain and I will abide by the rules but how you choose between the 2 is a little mind boggling. It takes different skills to do both. OK see you in Feb. :):):):):):)

Top Bottom