Dr Kirk's Micro Magic polish struggles

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jlk819

Hi Everyone,

Pretty new to these boards and turning acrylics. I have a few pens that I'm not sure what my next step should be. Turning 2 pens for gifts. 1 is a gatsby style, the other a jr. gent. I sanded through 600 grit and used Kirk's Scratch Freee. Then did the 3 steps red/white/blue micro magic polish. Everything looked amazing right off the lathe, serious gloss! So I pressed them into their respective kits

Today, about 48 hours later, I looked at them again and there is a definite haziness to them. Less glossy, seemingly less smooth. They were inside, not exposed to light or temp differences.

Before I jumped the gun and did anything on my own, I figured I'd consult with the experts here and be prudent in my decision making. I really don't want to try to disassemble them (that has NEVER gone well) Thanks for any advice you can give me.

keithbyrd

I have not had this problem and have been using Kirks for about 5 years. I do finish with a polishing of Huts Ultra polish - I don't know if using just Kirks would leave some kind of residue or not. Have you tried budffin with a soft cloth?

Top Bottom