Double Sided Clear adhesive tape

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Before I go ordering a hundred different brands of tape, I thought I would throw the question out here. Does anyone know of a wide clear double sided adhesive tape that is strong and possibly used for casting?? Name and where to buy would help. Many brands out there so if you found one that works saves me some $$$ Thanks.

I guess I should put more details in. Not looking for mounting tape. That stuff is too thick. I am looking to apply to a clear vinyl film that has no adhesive. Glue would muddy the color up so figured a clear tape can do and if wide enough no seams. Or if you know of a clear adhesive that I could use that can withstand the rolling around a tube and also be cast in resin that would work also.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Chippa

I use "double bond" carpet tape for no other reason than it was what I had left after taping down the carpets....works well enough for me and like you said I'm sure someone else will suggest another brand

duncsuss

What you describe sounds similar to what Bob_in_SF did to make "marbled" pens - he used a Xyron sticker-maker to apply a glue film to the back of the special marbling paper, then stuck said paper to the pen tubes. He marbled it, then cast the whole thing in clear/colorless resin.

This one is cheaper than the model that I bought - https://smile.amazon.com/Xyron-1001...472863&s=gateway&sprefix=xyron,aps,163&sr=8-7

You might want to look into a store like Joanne's JT. They sell a bunch of different types of double sided tape for sewing. I know that's where my wife gets hers from.

jttheclockman

What you describe sounds similar to what Bob_in_SF did to make "marbled" pens - he used a Xyron sticker-maker to apply a glue film to the back of the special marbling paper, then stuck said paper to the pen tubes. He marbled it, then cast the whole thing in clear/colorless resin.

This one is cheaper than the model that I bought - https://smile.amazon.com/Xyron-100111-Disposable-Recyclable-Sticker/dp/B00DZQUV6O/ref=sr_1_7?crid=2KMXBVFFKGFG8&keywords=xyron+sticker+maker&qid=1566472863&s=gateway&sprefix=xyron,aps,163&sr=8-7

Thanks I will have to look for his thread and check this product out.

Darley

AE97A943-AD6E-4D81-B498-A6CC1BDD28F7.jpeg

jttheclockman

I know how to do labels. I know how to cast. I have a film that I want to wrap a tube with but has no adhesive on the back. I want to use this film type material so I need to add some adhesive of some sort. Thus the double sided adhesive tape. That is the gist of my question.

jttheclockman

I see , maybe use glue stick for it,

Thanks. I have not yet received the material in question so when I do I will see how thick it is and how easily it will bend. Now in the description when I bought it there was no mention of adhesive so I am assuming it has none and thus the questions. But will take all options in consideration. Starting to get some pen ideas and yes this can be a good thing but it is clouding up my mind for what I have going now. I am getting the urge to start the lathe up but trying to resist the force. The force is strong though. May have to make a pen or two to get me through this urge for now. Wonder if there is a pill for this sort of thing.?? They have pills for everything these days. šŸ˜œ

Top Bottom