Cheer Double Cheer for Ptownsubbie and Oklahoman

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

tdsmart

Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2012
Messages
170
Location
Leesburg, VA
A very nice lady approached me at a recent craft show and asked if I could make pens from some shell casings she had from a funeral at Arlington. She had engraved several. Not having done this from scratch before, I turned to Fred (Ptownsubbie) to see if I could buy the pieces from him less the shell casing. Fred was backed up and could not help before Christmas, which is when she needed these pens. I then asked Roy (Oklahoman) if I could buy the parts from him less the shell casings and he offered to sell me the entire kits at a discount.

When I went back to Fred to let him know Roy had offered to help, I happened to ask him if I would be able to disassemble the kits I would get from Roy to use the engraved shell casings. Fred said I would not be able to get them apart without significant damage as they were glued together. So, he offered to send me the pieces I needed and to walk me through his creative process. Fred stuck with me as I stumbled my way through making the pens AND he sent me the parts for free.​

Where else but here on IAP would that happen? Can't thank Fred and Roy enough.​
 
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Tom,

Lets see some pictures if you can post them.....

You're welcome! I am happy to help given you were doing it for a Military Vet's family!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom