Door Knob?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dutra

I was thinking the other day ( I do that from time to time). Has anyone ever tried to turn a set of doorknobs? Ill bet those would be a hit.
Ive seen turned car shifter knobs so i imagine door knobs have been done before.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

StephenM

I'm working on a Century home and they have a very nice Schlage entry set but for some reason, the interior knob looks like something off a 50's ranch. Without thinking, I said "Oh, I'll turn a nice walnut or cherry one". That was a few weeks ago and I've been concentrating on other rooms but will have to get to it eventually. Will follow along to see what turns up.

I did a pair in cocobolo with Taguga nut/veg ivory inserts for my eldest sister's (then new) house about 10 years ago- she loved them but not enough to remember to take them with her when she moved!! :rolleyes:

Chuck Key

Stoppers but the technique might work for door knobs.

PRSTOP1.JPG

angboy

I hadn't thought about doorknobs, but I would love to do cabinet door pulls. I actually found a kit a few years ago that could be used for cabinet pulls, but the kits were something like $7 each, and that's a lot of money for a kitchen with ltos of cabinets. I couldn't figure out a way to do it without said kit, so I gave up on doing that for my new house. But I do think it would look super cool and should be do-able!

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hmmmmm

Back in 1984 I spent 10 weeks at a Manufacturing Technology Institute put on by my employer and one of the most interesting segments was on various uses for different materials - one of the things we did was look into all (or as many as we could find) of the different materials that were used to make door knobs. Carved and turned wood knobs were some of the most interesting items we looked at. So they have been around for awhile....a number of the ones we found (or found pictures of) were very old.

sbwertz

I hadn't thought about doorknobs, but I would love to do cabinet door pulls. I actually found a kit a few years ago that could be used for cabinet pulls, but the kits were something like $7 each, and that's a lot of money for a kitchen with ltos of cabinets. I couldn't figure out a way to do it without said kit, so I gave up on doing that for my new house. But I do think it would look super cool and should be do-able!
I've made cabinet door and drawer pulls. They are really easy. I also made a new knob for an antique dresser that lost one of its knobs.

Top Bottom