Don't call it fat - it's got the blue belt!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from nobodyparticular

A slimline stuck in quarantine
let its waist go to waste,
and put on some weight,
but when told that this can be perilous
it got all upset and turned squarulous.

1613827109360.png

Black ebonite is really hard to photograph well... I don't think I know any other material that devours light as well as this.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison

Thanks Hank - I have to admit that I actually own one of these, but it is at present in my wife's car, same as my good camera - she has gone to take a few photos for her work. And I've been too impatient to wait for her return. I had a very bright desk lamp right over this pen when I took the photo I shared, but as you say, even more would be much better - and more diffuse lighting would be as well. This stuff can take a lot of lighting and still look like a black hole.

I'll have to pass on the credit for the transition to Fusion 360 and my desktop CNC machine - I could never get this transition so smooth by hand. I will however say that it is still a challenge to get a decent surface quality, especially on curved surfaces. It took me some experimenting to get that right. Earlier attempts had very visible markings from the tool. In a long and thin piece, what little remains of flexibility in ebonite is enough to cause it to vibrate when machined, and that will inevitably show.

PatrickR

One of the best slimlines I've seen. I really love the shape and color combo. Nice work!
I'm interested in what desktop cnc you have?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One of the best slimlines I've seen. I really love the shape and color combo. Nice work!
I'm interested in what desktop cnc you have?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've got a Pocket NC, the V2-10 version. Great little machine. I only wish the build volume was larger - it's roughly 3" in each axis. This is not enough to use it for pens that have one long barrel.

Top Bottom