~~Donation Fountain Pen~~

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from seamus7227

seamus7227

There is a gentleman here in town named Jeremy Johnson, that is 33 years old and has been battling cancer. The first round of it was testicular cancer, they were able to get all of that, and given a clean bill of health. Fast forward 6-8 months after that and more testing had to be done where it was discovered that his cancer had metastisized into other areas of his body, I believe his stomach and somewhere else.

Anyway, many folks have gotten together to have a benefit dinner to raise money for Jeremy and his family for their rising medical costs and a girl i know at work who was spearheading the event had mentioned that they were doing a silent and live auction there as well! So I decided to throw some things together and make a Pen!

The pen is the Marksman Nighthawk Stainless steel fountain pen kit(no longer available as far as i know). I have swapped the nib out with a Bock nib and dressed in my signature Silver Proof Texas Tru-Quarter™ blank design. Here are the results and thanks for letting me share my story.

Attachments

• IMG_3613.jpg
    IMG_3613.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_3620.jpg
    IMG_3620.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_3606.jpg
    IMG_3606.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 262
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Janster

....A true gentleman and a wonderful gesture on your part to help out those in need! BTW....Beautiful pen too! Be well.......Jan

seamus7227

Well, believe it or not, the pen only sold for $50. The lucky recipient? ME! I went over to the table to see how it was doing with the silent auction and noticed that only one person had put a bid on it for $5. So being that I originally wanted to make this for myself anyway, i was not going to be outbid. I put $50 on there in hopes to maybe generate more interest, but had no such luck. I should have had it in the live auction, but I wanted the people to be able to have a closer look at it. Unfortunately, unless given an explanation of the pen and how it was made, most people have no idea what they are looking at. Anyway, I paid my bill for the pen, the money went to a good cause, and I still have the pen.

Thank you all for your kinds words and compliments! I know I am not on here as much as I used to be, but its because I stay busy with my pen blanks!

Ambidex

Wow...that actually made me feel sick Seamus...very generous gesture and magnificent pen that should have brought SO much more:frown:..still an awesome donation on your part.

seamus7227

Wow...that actually made me feel sick Seamus...very generous gesture and magnificent pen that should have brought SO much more:frown:..still an awesome donation on your part.

I know George, me too! But I told myself going into this that there a good possibility that it could end up that way. Its all good though, I did my part to help, and that was the important thing:)

plano_harry

Wow! That really supports the argument that people who don't love pens, don't care what the price is, they wouldn't pay it anyway! Put it up here and see what it will get.

Dalepenkala

There is a gentleman here in town named Jeremy Johnson, that is 33 years old and has been battling cancer. The first round of it was testicular cancer, they were able to get all of that, and given a clean bill of health. Fast forward 6-8 months after that and more testing had to be done where it was discovered that his cancer had metastisized into other areas of his body, I believe his stomach and somewhere else.

Anyway, many folks have gotten together to have a benefit dinner to raise money for Jeremy and his family for their rising medical costs and a girl i know at work who was spearheading the event had mentioned that they were doing a silent and live auction there as well! So I decided to throw some things together and make a Pen!

The pen is the Marksman Nighthawk Stainless steel fountain pen kit(no longer available as far as i know). I have swapped the nib out with a Bock nib and dressed in my signature Silver Proof Texas Tru-Quarter™ blank design. Here are the results and thanks for letting me share my story.

Great idea to help them out and wonderful pen!

Top Bottom