Does anyone still want to meet?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

builtbybill

New to site...but very interested

Hello,

I am new to the site and just came across this thread, I am interested in getting together with other pen turners. I am not very good but I really want to start improving my techniques.

If by some chance you do have a get together please let me know, I live in Clayton (Cleveland area) and would love to join.

Bill

Leviblue

Local Chapter Leader
If there's still interest, I'm willing to host the meeting. The shop is in my garage. Its been a while since we met at WC store.
What would you want to review?

builtbybill

I am up for pretty much anything, just getting back into this, and trying to get more advanced.

Since you have not had a meeting in quite a while, and possibly a few of us new members, may just have a meeting for introductions and planning for future meetings. Just a suggestion.

Bill

Leviblue

Local Chapter Leader
Raleigh, NC Chapter - May Meeting

OK, so there seems to be some interest in getting together in the Raleigh area. So, I've reserved the classroom at WoodCraft off Pleasant Valley Road in Raleigh, it's off Glenwood Ave.

The meeting will start at 6:30pm on Thursday May 21, 2015. Bring your questions, pens to show off and general good attitude. Your participation in the discussions is needed. This first meeting of 2015 will be a kind of meet and greet and allow for open discussions.

If you have any questions or need additional information, please send me a PM or email through my website. I look forward to seeing everyone in May.

Kevin

builtbybill

Awsome, cannot wait!!

OK, so there seems to be some interest in getting together in the Raleigh area. So, I've reserved the classroom at WoodCraft off Pleasant Valley Road in Raleigh, it's off Glenwood Ave.

The meeting will start at 6:30pm on Thursday May 21, 2015. Bring your questions, pens to show off and general good attitude. Your participation in the discussions is needed. This first meeting of 2015 will be a kind of meet and greet and allow for open discussions.

If you have any questions or need additional information, please send me a PM or email through my website. I look forward to seeing everyone in May.

Kevin

Leviblue

Local Chapter Leader
I am up for pretty much anything, just getting back into this, and trying to get more advanced.

Since you have not had a meeting in quite a while, and possibly a few of us new members, may just have a meeting for introductions and planning for future meetings. Just a suggestion.

Bill

Bill, you're right on target with that suggestion. The first meeting would be a meet and greet. So if there's 5 or less, we may have a few minutes left for discussions. 50 or more, we may take all evening to meet everyone. :cool:

If you have questions prior, let me know. You're close enough that a shop visit is doable.

builtbybill

Yeah we are really close, I am right near the 40/42 intersection (Cleveland area.

Bill

Bill, you're right on target with that suggestion. The first meeting would be a meet and greet. So if there's 5 or less, we may have a few minutes left for discussions. 50 or more, we may take all evening to meet everyone. :cool:

If you have questions prior, let me know. You're close enough that a shop visit is doable.

ddaday

Hi all,
Just learned about this organization through an electronic exchange with Kevin. Still new to this and in the process of setting up my own shop. I'd love to attend the meeting it that's ok.

Thanks,
Derek

Leviblue

Local Chapter Leader
Just a reminder about the next meeting in the classroom at WoodCraft off Pleasant Valley Road in Raleigh, it's off Glenwood Ave.

The meeting will start at 6:30pm on Thursday May 21, 2015. Bring your questions, pens to show

builtbybill

Just found out that I will not be able to make it, i just found out this morning that I HAVE to be at my kids' sports banquet at 1800. Please let me know when the next meeting will be scheduled for so that I can make it, hopefully!

Thanks,

Bill

Leviblue

Local Chapter Leader

Kevin

Don't forget about the meeting on Thursday 5/21 this week. Bring a friend, bring your kid, just show up. :biggrin:

Top Bottom