Does anyone make a black refill for twist/slimline?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

atlfokus

Apologies if this is the wrong section but I'm wondering if these exist. Standard twist refill for a slimline pen but with a black tip.

Not talking about the ink color but the actual color of the tip!

Any advice is appreciated!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Look here:

Those look like Penn State kits.
Don

monophoto

Look here:

Those look like Penn State kits.
Don
I'm confused.

Andrew's original question referred to a "Standard twist refill for a slimline pen but with a black tip". I would take that to mean a Cross-refill (or something compatible with Cross) where the metal sheath of the refill is black in color.

The pens Don pointed out are slimlines where the hardware has a black enamel finish. I don't think that's what Andrew was asking about.

Once again, the issue may be confusing terminology - Andrew appears to have been asking about refills in black metal housings, while Don took that to mean slimline pens with a black colored nib cone.

atlfokus

Thanks for the replies and sorry for the confusion.

What I mean is when you twist the slimline, the sheath that protrudes would be black.

May have to experiment with nail polish or sharpie🤷‍♂️

monophoto

There is an ISO standard that defines the basic dimensions of various pen refills. The refill commonly referred to as 'Cross style' is designated as C1 in that standard, with a standard length of 117mm and a diameter of the main body at 3.06mm. The nib area is slightly more narrow - I've seen dimensions, but I can't find them right now.

One thing to think about - there is at least one thread on this board that discusses the situation in which the opening in the nib cone of some slimline kits is too small for 'standard' Cross refills. In that situation, whatever surface treatment you might apply to change the color of the refill could be scraped off. I suspect that the root cause of this problem is poor quality control by the kit manufacturer. An obvious and very simple solution is to ream out the hole using a small drill bit if it is found to be too small.

Top Bottom