Do you use a shop vac?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WriteON

Nice creation. A must have. It's worth the time & effort. I used a shop vac for a lifetime..., my hearing is currently being managed by a pair of Oticon hearing aids.

leehljp

Member Liaison
When I lived in Japan where houses were 3 feet from each other, I had a 9 x 12 shop in my back yard. Half a meter from the wall was the baby's bedroom of the neighbor behind. I made an enclosure completely surrounding my DC system with carpet lining the inside and a baffle lined with carpet also. Very very low noise; I could speak on my cell phone 2 feet away from it. Didn't have to worry about my neighbor's baby waking up when I turned the DC on.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
When I lived in Japan where houses were 3 feet from each other, I had a 9 x 12 shop in my back yard. Half a meter from the wall was the baby's bedroom of the neighbor behind. I made an enclosure completely surrounding my DC system with carpet lining the inside and a baffle lined with carpet also. Very very low noise; I could speak on my cell phone 2 feet away from it. Didn't have to worry about my neighbor's baby waking up when I turned the DC on.
Hank, that's awesome! My shed is about 30 ft. from my neighbors bedroom window, who works alternating shifts. So I never know if he is sleeping when I'm in the shed. I'm wondering if I can build a carpet lined box to house my 3 gallon Rigid vac in my shed. Thanks! The wheels are rolling. ;)

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks to Ray and Hank for their posts, I've discovered the perfect location for my shop vac as well as a dust separator under my metal lathe bench. Going to get into that this week.
BTW, good video Ray!

Top Bottom