Do you make bread knifes????

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Drewby108

I'd go with something food safe, so beeswax and mineral oil. Poly only if I'm planning on letting it sit for a month before letting anyone use it.

mmayo

I use two or three coats of Miniwax semigloss wipe in Poly. I lightly sand and buff. Good does not touch the wooden portyof the bread knives.

Like Mark (@mmayo) I use teak oil on darker woods and on blonde woods just wipe on poly. I use about 6 coats, let it sit for 24 hours, between coats and use 00 steel wool between each coat and then finish it off with either buffing on my Beale system or Renaissance wax. Biggest problem I have is people love to let them soak in water. Instruct whoever to make sure just to clean the blade only and apply a quality wax to the wood routinely. I've never had a knife returned. Hope this helps.

monophoto

I use Tung oil for cutlery scales. The first one or two coats are thinned in turpentine, and they are followed by three or four coats of pure Tung oil.

And they NEVER go in the dishwasher - just mild soap and water, rinse and dry the old fashioned way.

Top Bottom