Do you like these? Would you prefer square blanks or turned and centered?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

guyrlock

Burl Blitz Hybrid Pen Blank.jpg
Burl Blitz Hybrid Pen Blank.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bsshog40

Actually I just bought some rounded blanks. The round ones give you an excellent idea of what grain is going to show. Looking at them makes me realize that I better have a straight hole as not much room for error though. Luckily I drill mine on the drill press with a jig. I can get a straight hole. I prefer square blanks though as there's that one chance of something being off.

TonyL

I like them and prefer rounded...saves me time. I also prefer burl/wood on all the way through do that a double barrel pen presents mixed materials on both barrels. FWIW.

edicehouse

I feel you have more room for error when they are square. If I am doing a thicker style pen, I just feel safer than having 1/4 wall.

howsitwork

Never really thought about it! I suppose the round ones give you a closer iepdea of what you will end up with but I usually start off square and the. work out which is the best angle of drilling to get the feature I want. Square gives you that choice provided you can drill straight and accurate enough.
Or am I missing something? do they come pre drilled, say 7mm to be opened out if necessary with a wider drill or. reamer?

guyrlock

Never really thought about it! I suppose the round ones give you a closer iepdea of what you will end up with but I usually start off square and the. work out which is the best angle of drilling to get the feature I want. Square gives you that choice provided you can drill straight and accurate enough.
Or am I missing something? do they come pre drilled, say 7mm to be opened out if necessary with a wider drill or. reamer?
Could be pre-drilled to 7 mm, would make them lighter for shipping. Gathering your ideas before starting to sell them. We are based in Lao PDR so postage costs are something I have to work out carefully. Thank you for your thoughts, Guy

Top Bottom