Do we have anyone in charge now?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
I haven't seen anything about meetings in So. Cal. Is anyone organizing meetings or the like?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CKormann

Doesn't look like it Cathy. I posted a similar question several months ago and did not get a reply. I would definitely be up for a meeting.

Chris

ossaguy

I'll have to watch this thread to see if there ever is a meeting,if I can be able to go.I'd sure love to.Hoping it's as south as possable,like Temecula area?

The motorcycle club I used to be a member of could never get anything going in SoCal,lthough that's where the highest percentage of members lived.I've wondered if it's just from the hurried pace that we have out here,that everyone's just to dang busy,or just the spread-far-out travel times coupled with the traffic jams.

Sounds fun to be able to rub elbows with fellow pen turners!

Steve

CKormann

Steve, probably all of your reasons are why it is difficult to get together, but the distance is the big one. Just the four of us in this thread are spread out all over hell's half acre.

Anywho, I am willing to drive to SD, LA or Riverside. Terry, how far south are you willing to drive?

Agreed Steve, hanging out with other pen turners would be fun. I need to spend some time with people who know more than I do (which is just about everyone). I really want to go completely kitless and would benefit from learning from others.

Chris

TerryDowning

LA is probably acceptable
Northern/Western OC maybe.
Riverisde, San Bernadino counties and south is too far for me personally.
Heck if there's a norcal meeting Bakersfield that might me be doable as that's just a bit more than an hour north for me.

The fall is also bad for me as I currently have commitments with our Local HS band.

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Terry, there is a group in North/Central California if you want to check it out.

We used to meet at the Denny's off the 10fwy in Ontario. There's a Rockler's across the street. I don't think it would matter much if it was easily accessible from freeway.

I am in Riverside by the 60/91 Interchange. I'm stepping out on a limb here. But I'd be willing to host a meeting here. I don't mean a big bash. It'd be nice to get it going again. Someone else can provide drinks and munchies? Just a suggestion.

CKormann

Thanks Cathy Sue, that's great. Likewise, I would be willing to host a meeting as well, though it is probably too far for Terry.

Chris

rskelly

Cathys Sue suggestion may work we could meet before or after the inland Empire wood turners meeting I belive its the 3rd sat 1 pm. they ussally have an interesting demo and nice meeting facility.

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
I don't remember much of anything about the Inland Empire's wood turner meet, Randy. Can you "catch me up" on that? Like when, where . . . How long are their meetings?

and would you others be interested in that? And we need to consider its going on November.

Hello folks, I am new to this site and pen turning. Been trying to figure it out on my own. Did not know about this site until yesterday. I am preparing to it the road for a year. But would love to meet if local to me. I am currently in San Dimas. Is that close to anyone?

Top Bottom