Do we have any prizes left? Contest suggestion

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
I have a suggestion to consider assuming there are still contests that have not closed yet. We should consider having 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes for the members who enter the most contests. This may help get more participation in more contests. Just an idea I had while looking over the submissions to date on the bash server where the forms are. If you don't have any prizes left and want to consider this, I will donate gift certificates as needed.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Sounds like a good idea to encourage more participation. Only question...how would you count contests like Trivia and Puzzles? Would they get one entry per day/puzzle or one entry no matter how many days/puzzles?

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
My original thoughts were pen contests where you actually have to put forth some effort to make something. The others are just fluff for fun, IMO.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
If we included TRivia and Puzzles, how would we judge participation? Do we count each individual daily entry to qualify or is once enough? If we count each daily entry you could possibly win by doing Trivia and puzzles and not making a pen. If entering either of those just once is enough to count, than Its possible someone would only enter once for the credit and not again after that. IF we are going to do it I also think just pen making/ casting contests should count.

We need to decide quickly and announce it if we are. I have mostly $25.00 Prizes left
I can do $75, $50, $25 pretty easily by combining them. I have roughly 35 extras at the moment. I was planning on some random prizes for contests with 8 or more entries
and around 20 Losers Train prizes.

Top Bottom