Do-it-yourself stabilizing?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

For me, Cactus Juice is the best for home stabilizing and the chambers sold by Curtis Seebeck at Turntex.com are the only way to go. Curtis makes the chambers in his shop in Texas, made cactus juice available to us and has the best customer service bar none. Do yourself a big favor and get the right equipment and enjoy stabilizing.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

qquake

Wow, their smallest chamber is $145! Plus a vacuum pump and the resin, and you're looking at close to $300. I don't know if it's worth it to me.

boatemp

I just received a 3 gal. "Yescom" vacuum pot with a glass lid (1/2") for 120.00 delivered from Walmart. Pot is SS and pretty heavy duty. I see no reason this can't be used for stabilization. Gauge and hose included. I'm satisfied with it. Haven't tried it yet.

PatrickR

I use a best value vac with glass lid (from amazon) and have switched to SOS stabilizing resin with a JB Eliminator pump. All of these are MIUSA and have served me well for years.
I find SOS an improvement over CJ, far less foaming And better penetration In dense woods.

Rodney W

What does SOS stand for? I ordered some stabilizing equipment a few weeks ago that I'm waiting for. I know what Cactus Juice is but SOS is new to me. I haven't used either product before, so no preferences yet.

Top Bottom