Do I LOVE turning acrylic pens!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Warren White

Here are the latest 4 acrylic pens I have turned, along with one out of Padauk.

While it takes longer for me to prepare the blanks (painting the inside of the blank; wait until the paint fully cures; epoxy the brass in; wait for the epoxy to fully cure), I love what they look like when they are turned and polished. I have ordered a LOT of acrylic blanks from CSI, but I still have a drawer full of exotic wood blanks to turn and I will continue to get to them.

The 'camera' I am using is my IPod. I wish the pictures did justice to the acrylic; they just really are amazing out in the sunlight.

As I was doing the pens this morning, I was once again struck by how grateful I am for this forum; both for those who have offered advise, and those who allow me to read your posts each day and learn from them. I am also in debt to those pioneers in this hobby who tried a lot of things to come up with what eventually works.

I have learned how to use my spindle gouge well, and to a lesser extent, my skew. I have also learned how to sharpen both, thanks to suggestions on this forum.

I am in your debt, ladies and gentlemen.

Thank you!
Warren

Attachments

• 736.jpg
    736.jpg
    366.8 KB · Views: 319
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Very nice !! Do I see 4 Majestic Squires among them ? So when you said CSI you probably meant PSI .... ? I especially like the last 2 pens on the right.

Warren White

Thank you all!

Yes, all but one of the pens are Majestic Squire's. I really like them, but this session completed my inventory of them. The 'one of those pens not like the other' is a CSI Artisan Aero, which I also like. I have quite a few (for me, at least) of them, thanks to an in-person visit to their facility last year.

All of the acrylic comes from CSI, thanks to their $4.95 shipping offer.

Again, I appreciate all that I learn from the members of the forum.

Warren

Top Bottom