Displaying Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brandy

Brandy

I have the opportunity to put some pens in a small, locally owned shop in my home town. They would prefer to keep the display near the cash register so they can keep an eye on the display and they asked for something vertical that will have a small footprint. I have found several vertical stands with the majority being plastic. Do you find that the material (plastic vs wood vs acrylic) used to make the stand affects the perception of the quality of the pens?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Drewby108

This is perspective as a consumer opposed to seller, but I don't care a whole lot about the material of the holder and more how they are presented. If it's just a jumble in a cup, my interest to look is just not there. If they have individual slots, I will take a moment to look.

jttheclockman

There is absolutely nothing wrong with plastic. I also think the black plastic ones say class more than clear. Amazon and I am sure many other places have them but here is a link to Amazon and get an idea of what they have. Also if you have that very special pen then a stand alone rack either standing upright or laying down is a nice touch. Easy for customers to touch as long as they are being watched. A pen is an easy object to grow legs. A whole different story if they want under lock and key. Good luck.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=pen+disp...9_10358208&tag=mh0b-20&ref=pd_sl_5ihczht949_e

ericofpendom

Hi Brandy, I had a similar issue with a small store I used to display my pens in. The owner of the shop explained about the cost of display space being at a premium. I made a few rotating display stands that worked really well. I posted a picture of one of the stands on IAP quite a while ago but I can't work out how to link to the image so you will have to look at my photos to see it if you like.
Regards
Eric...

I think I might have worked out how to link to the image.

Brandy

Hi Brandy, I had a similar issue with a small store I used to display my pens in. The owner of the shop explained about the cost of display space being at a premium. I made a few rotating display stands that worked really well. I posted a picture of one of the stands on IAP quite a while ago but I can't work out how to link to the image so you will have to look at my photos to see it if you like.
Regards
Eric...

I think I might have worked out how to link to the image.
Oh - that's very nice! I love the idea of a rotating display

ericofpendom

Hi Brandy, here is a clearer picture of the revolving pen stand that I made. I was able to print a band to go around the bottom of the stand in the shallow recess with my name and details on. There is a simple "lazy susan" bearing on the underside of the stand to allow it to turn. It's a shame you are in the States as I no longer use the stands and you could have them but the postage would be prohibitive.
Regards
Eric...

Attachments

• DSCF5972.JPG
    DSCF5972.JPG
    261.9 KB · Views: 77

Brandy

Hi Brandy, here is a clearer picture of the revolving pen stand that I made. I was able to print a band to go around the bottom of the stand in the shallow recess with my name and details on. There is a simple "lazy susan" bearing on the underside of the stand to allow it to turn. It's a shame you are in the States as I no longer use the stands and you could have them but the postage would be prohibitive.
Regards
Eric...
It's beautiful Eric! You're so kind to offer but I agree, the postage would be too high

Top Bottom