Display Case

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from KMCloonan

KMCloonan

A retired friend of mine was cleaning out his house/shop before moving from Illinois to Colorado to be closer to his daughter and grandkids. He offered me a vintage Tap&Die case that he had laying around - the case is from the 1950s. He thought I might be able to make it into a pen display case (in the event I ever decide to try selling pens at a show). He gave me the case in February, and I just now got around to thinking about how to modify it. Since I am currently without a lathe (a story for a different post), I have time on my hands, so I gave it a shot. The first photo is an overhead shot of the case with the original Tap & Die inserts. I removed them and replaced them with foam inserts I cut by hand. Each foam sheet has a 1/4" underlayment sheet glued to it to provide rigidity. There is a small "trapdoor" on the back that I can slide in a couple smaller pen sheets. The last photo is the small rack I built a year ago to hold my pens. I ran out of spots :confused: .

If anyone would be interested in the Tap & Die inserts I removed, let me know. Otherwise, I will likely toss them, as I have no use for them.

IMG_0633.JPGIMG_0643.JPG IMG_0644.JPG IMG_0642.JPG IMG_0640.JPG IMG_0641.JPG IMG_0639.JPG IMG_0645.JPG

Top Bottom