Disk Sanders

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

wayneis

It depends on what you want to sand with either of them. The disk sander allows squaring up the blanks. As far as your Ridgid sander, I can't think of much you can use the spindle unit for with pen turning but the belt will come in handy. If it were me and I was only looking at turning pens then I would go with a disk/belt combo unit.

Wayne

Hexhead

I have the Rigid sander you mentioned and really like it. The belt sander attachment installs really fast and the tilting table is the best on the market. One thing to remember is Ridged doesn't have a life time warrantee as far as know. They did away with it. But as the first reply stated it has a limited use for pens. I use my belt disc sander the most when making pens. (Delta 9" disc 42" belt.)

bob393

Originally posted by wayneis
<br />It depends on what you want to sand with either of them. The disk sander allows squaring up the blanks. As far as your Ridgid sander, I can't think of much you can use the spindle unit for with pen turning but the belt will come in handy. If it were me and I was only looking at turning pens then I would go with a disk/belt combo unit.

Wayne

I agree but I don't have a spindle sander except for one of those little things you use on a drill press, don't use it much either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom