Cheer Discount-Tools.com

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

azamiryou

Back on July 31, I was purchasing ER32 collets from Discount-Tools.com. I wanted to get a "full" set, minus the five that came with my collet chuck, and I saw on their web page that they offer discounts for 10+ collets.

I put all the individual collets I needed in my cart, but when I went to check out, I didn't see any discount. So I called and spoke to Xavier, who was very nice and helpful. He understood what I was doing. He said they were out of stock on most of the collets but expected more in about 3 weeks, and offered me a 5% discount on the 21 collets I was ordering, so I placed the order.

Last week he called to let me know the collets were in and to confirm I still wanted them, and they arrived today. Total cost with shipping came to about $10 less than I was expecting, even with the discount.

I was glad for the call to keep me updated, I was expecting I'd just have to wait and wonder until they eventually showed up. Kudos to them for good prices and personable, knowledgeable people giving accurate info. I'll definitely be keeping them in mind for my future tooling needs!

Andrew_K99

I had the opposite experience with them with the out of stock collets. I was first told 4 weeks, then another 3 weeks and then another 4 weeks! Then they still didn't have them in so I cancelled my order. I ordered them off eBay and got them within a week from China for cheaper. I did get a call saying they finally had them but had my new set already so didn't need them.

I'm guessing their supplier was to blame, or the boat was MIA but it was rather frustrating getting the run around. I'm glad you had better results.

AK

plano_harry

Mathew, you are the lucky one! Like Andrew, I had a bad experience.
  • Ordered 6/12,
  • about a week later was told they were back ordered and be in 7/21
  • I emailed 7/24 and Xavier responded they would be in in about a week
  • 8/9 I emailed again and Xavier responded they would be in next week
  • finally got a call from Xavier that they were in, did I still want, so I replied that I did.
  • no sign of them by 8/22 so I called and talked with Steve - Xavier is no longer there. Steve said it was his fault that he ordered fractional sizes, not the metric sizes I ordered. He would make it good with a "better" line.
  • 8/24 Steve shipped out my long awaited collets "Techniks" China brand
  • They look like my other ER-32s but -- the 8mm won't clamp to .276 minimum shown on their web page. My .289 B Mandrel slides right out!:mad:
Guess I will have to give Steve a call on Tuesday...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom