Discontinued Products.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

chaplain1101

Am I the only one frustrated when a major manufacturer of pen kits discontinues the product and gives no advance notice? I am now in possession of bushings that were specific to that product and have no source for more kits or replacement part. OK, my rant is done. Thank you for reading.

Chris

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Darios

nope. You aren't the only one.
As for the bushings, I check the bushing pdf and see if it's one of those that different companies have different names for. If I don't find a match I just put a star next to the name and put them in the back of the drawer because, who knows, someday a "new" kit may come up using that exact style.

egnald

I'm one of the other big complainers about that. The most recent ones for me were Dr. Kirk's Versa-Wax Unscented made by Craft Supplies USA the PSI Southwest Twist pen in Antique Copper with Red Coral accents. Both went extinct in June of this year. I would have stocked up if would have had some advance warning. - Dave

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I can tell you with a fair amount of certainty that they discontinue products that are NOT moving.

In the past six months, another characteristic is weight of the product--heavy stuff is expensive to ship--some of them are being discontinued instead of trying to raise prices.

BULLWINKLE

For those that have the Bush N Tubes app from IAP, they include discontinued listings. They are shown in dark blue by default to differentiate them. Not easily distinguished at first glance. If you change discontinued products to show in red (in apps settings) you will see that a surprisingly large number are discontinued. Mostly PSI products. For this reason I stick to classic designs that are good sellers. The trendy or bling designs appeal to a smaller market and don't stay around long. And I agree that if they drop a product that they should give advance notice.

Top Bottom