Disassembling Beaufort Ink Mistral ballpoint pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mike6453

Has anyone had any luck disassembling a Mistral ballpoint pen from Beaufort Ink? I just don't like the wood on this and would like to put the parts into other wood. If it were an inexpensive pen kit, I'd just use it in the workshop. Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mortalis

The kit is only $23. Why mess around disassembling one and risk damaging the parts?
Kind of looks like a Woodriver Navigator or Kojent. I've made a few Kojents, they are nice pens.

Last edited:

Mike6453

The kit is only $23. Why mess around disassembling one and risk damaging the parts?
Kind of looks like a Woodriver Navigator or Kojent. I've made a few Kojents, they are nice pens.

I requested assistance not an advertisement. Jerks!

Mortalis

I'm sorry you took my attempt to make your life easier and instead of recreating the wheel offered other alternatives that did not involve the possible destruction of hardware.
I should have said,
Remove the refill
Use a transfer punch the size that will fit into and through the transmission
Holding the lower barrel and shifting the transfer punch to one side hit the transfer punch with a hammer until the tip loosens and comes away from the lower barrel
Turn the lower barrel over and insert the size transfer punch that will fit the tube and again holding the lower barrel in your hand hit the transer punch until the transmission is removed from the barrel
Use the same technique above to remove all hardware from the upper barrel.
Or
you could purchase an assembly vise from Penn State Industries but, oh, you dont want an advertisement.

Then, if the person that made the original pen used CA to assemble then you will need to soak in Acetone to break down the CA.

Was that better?

Phil Dart

The advert is out of date anyway. Turners Warehouse have been the US distributor of Beaufort pen kits since March 2018. That's not an ad, just a correction of the mis-information posted earlier.

Which parts are you struggling with Mike? Most of the components are pretty easy to knock out if you have the tools, but salvaging the mechanism is a bit more of a challenge. Are you needing dis-assembly help in general, or are there specific componnents you're having problems with?

Top Bottom