Disassemble cameron kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodmum

Hi all,

I kinda messed up my pen. No problem, I think where I made the mistake.. but now I want to redo it and tried to disassemble the pen.

I got all the parts out pretty easy except for the
part where the nib screws in. It has a large piece of plastic on it, and goes a long way into the tube.

I tried a number of things but it doesnt want to move...I don't have one of these fancy pen presses...
Any suggestions??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

It's the rollerbal version...

OK, so I am looking at the PSI instruction sheet for the Cameron Rollerball Kit.

I do not see the plastic piece that you refer to.

You describe as .... "a large piece of plastic on it, and goes a long way into the tube"

I see the "Roller Tip", the "Tip Coupler", the "Lower Tube", and the "Lower Cap"
. . . they all seem to be mainly metal, except for what may be a plastic ring on the "Lower Cap".

Might I be missing something ? . . . or perhaps looking at the wrong set of instructions ?

I do see a plastic piece as part of the Upper Barrel . . . that piece is part of the "Band" and it fits into the "Upper Tube"
But I think you are talking about the nib end ( Lower section of pen).

EDIT: I think I see my misunderstanding. . . It is actually the cap that presents the disassembly problem
. . . . the plastic is what the lower part of pen (nib end) screws into when you close up the pen after you have finished writing.

That is going to be a real "toughie" to disassemble . . . . ( see post immediately below by KenB259 )

Last edited:

KenB259

I have disassembled a few of them. To get the plastic piece out I either turn or break the barrel material off to get back to the brass tube and then I very carefully file the brass down enough until it breaks out. Assuming you're not trying to save the blank. If you are, obviously my method won't work for you.

woodmum

It's the part of the Band that is the plastic...
And I used some force to get it....

Attachments

• 20220204_215040.jpg
    20220204_215040.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 73

woodmum

I have disassembled a few of them. To get the plastic piece out I either turn or break the barrel material off to get back to the brass tube and then I very carefully file the brass down enough until it breaks out. Assuming you're not trying to save the blank. If you are, obviously my method won't work for you.
Well I was trying to save the tube... the wood is already beyond salvation...
Here in the Netherlands parts are hard to get.

Top Bottom