Disassemble bolt action pen?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2017
Messages
7,709
Location
Cleveland, TN
I was upgrading my display today and one had the bolt moved out of position. I could move it but need to disassemble it to tighten the screw in the top section. Tried using my super grip but no dice. Suggestions?
 
The screw used to loosen and tighten the bolt in place is accessed through the 'bottom' of the mechanism in all the bolt actions I've made.
1791494911177.png

Get a small long Philips head and go in through the tube. As far as removing the cap, I'd be very careful and use a pair of plumbers pliers with the tip protectors on. Maybe!
 
Last edited:
Update: Removed the tip, spring and refill. Found a long skinny Phillips head screwdriver. Evidently either the screw or threads were bad. Never could get the screw tight. Was careful to keep from stripping the threads. Anyway, I salvaged the blank, refill and spring. And no more bolt action kits!
 
Back
Top Bottom