Dip pen help please

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MedWoodWorx

I found a few dip pen nibs at an old shop today and i am intrigued to make a nib pen/holder. Has anyone tried something similar? Any advice is welcome. I found a couple youtube videos but i would love to hear some advice from a penturner, cheers.

Attachments

• IMG_20220817_123416.jpg
    IMG_20220817_123416.jpg
    363.3 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_20220817_125601.jpg
    IMG_20220817_125601.jpg
    392.6 KB · Views: 85
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lyonsacc

I messed around with a couple of those a few years ago. Memory tells me that mine snuggly fit into the end of a 7mm tube. So, I basically made a long slimline with the open tube at one end to stick the nibs in.

its_virgil

I found a few dip pen nibs at an old shop today and i am intrigued to make a nib pen/holder. Has anyone tried something similar? Any advice is welcome. I found a couple youtube videos but i would love to hear some advice from a penturner, cheers.

I'm most likely far from the best at making a nib holder but I have made several. Below is an article about how I make them. I hope it helps just a little. Let me know if you need any questions answered about the article.

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Attachments

• Calligraphy Dip Pen.pdf
    225.5 KB · Views: 96
Last edited by a moderator:

its_virgil

PSI used to sell a holder kit. Instructions are still in their instructions library.
The Golden Nib have the inserts. https://thegoldennib.com/dip-pen-nib-inserts/

Pete
I get them from Anthony at the Golden Nib and Ed at Exotic Blanks has had them. The first ones I purchased were from Stiles and Bates in the UK. OUCH!

The nib holder or calligraphy pens are fun to make, especially for a gift for someone who is a calligrapher.
Don

Top Bottom