Dimensions for Glacia pen kit please ...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

I don't have any of these kits. . Before I buy, I would like to know the bushing diameter (which matches the pen kit hardware).

This is a Berea kit, and we do have an IAP table for Berea kits including the Glacia, but the data for the diameter that I need is missing from that table.

Can anyone provide, please ? . Thanks for helping if you can.

Just for completeness, I would also like to know the length of the brass tube ... another number that's missing from the IAP table for Berea kits.

Just so you know where I am coming from, I don't actually use bushings. . I do all my turnings between centers using calipers to get the correct size on the barrel ends to match the kit hardware. . In choosing my pen kits, I am quite fussy about the material thickness where the barrel meets the pen kit hardware. . If that thickness is too small then it is necessary to use paint in the blank hole to prevent brass tube show-through. . I hate doing the painting and want to avoid it. . I know that the Glacia brass tube is just a little under 11/32" (the recommended drill size for the Glacia). . The brass tube is actually 0.338" in diameter, a number which is in the IAP table. . So if I knew the bushing diameter (or the matching Glacia hardware diameter) I could calculate the material thickness, and then ascertain whether I want to buy the kit or not.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Last edited:

eharri446

I made 7 of the Glacia pens for my youngest sons wedding gifts to his groomsmen. One thing I need to point out is that the nib end is smaller than the clip end. I did not know that at first and when I had them laser engraved I did not pass that on to the guy who did my engraving and some of them were engraved reading left to right from the nib end and other reading left to right from the clip end. Also, the nib screws end and you can replace the refill by unscrewing it, so I used a drop of CA when I screwed the transmission into the coupler.

Top Bottom