DIFFERENTIATING BETWEEN PENS

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from keithbyrd

keithbyrd

I have a customer that wants a Sedona FP and RB pen set. They will carry the pens in a two pen case where only the top of the pen shows. They want to differentiate between the pens so they know if they are pulling out the FP or the RB. What are some of your thoughts on how to differentiate? Any help is appreciated! the picture shows the finial and clip from a chrome Sedona. I will be using the silver one if that matters!.
IMG_1432.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

qquake

The only things I can think of are two different finishes (ie. one silver, one gold), or having an "F" and "R" laser engraved on the finial.

keithbyrd

Thanks Jim,
they rejected the 2 finish idea yesterday! I have had horrible experience engraving pens - I always seems to cut through to the brass of chip. I haven't tried engraving on metal parts for at least 5 years because of this. Maybe its better today?

Karl_99

Would the 2 pen case be large enough that the RB pen could be put in upside down? This would make it easy to identify the pens with the same finishes and without risky engraving.

darrin1200

What about using the Baron, instead of the Sedona. It is the same kit as far as drills, tubes and bushings are concerned, but it has a flat finial with an insert. The insert can be removed and you can make a distinctive replacement.

keithbyrd

Well guys thanks for the great ideas!
Got the customer to agree he was being very anal and we went with F for first and R for R!!

Top Bottom