Different Stylus

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

walshjp17

While at the grocery store buying lots of stuff we really don't need to survive the "GREAT STORM OF THE DECADE" (at least that's what the 'expert' weather prognosticators here in Charlotte are calling it):rolleyes: I noticed an unusual stylus at the checkout counter.

It looks like a 'Click stylus'. In fact when you press the click mechanism, the pen point comes through a small hole in the stylus tip. I checked it out on my iPhone and the POS terminal and it works just like a normal soft stylus.

Interesting.

Attachments

• Stylus Pen 1.jpg
    Stylus Pen 1.jpg
    462.6 KB · Views: 131
  • Stylus Pen 2.jpg
    Stylus Pen 2.jpg
    327.9 KB · Views: 119
  • Stylus Pen 3.jpg
    Stylus Pen 3.jpg
    519.4 KB · Views: 118
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Haynie

How far does the point retract in? I have seen some seriously heavy handed stylus users. I would be afraid of someone "accidentally" hitting the click mechanism and driving the point through their screen.

juteck

We just got a couple of these at work too, promotional crappy pen, but neat idea with the stylus. I had to try it out too. I'm not a big stylus user on my phone, and don't have a tablet, but I still think it's a neat idea. Oh, and Bedder Bedder & Moore -- good deli, love their soup!!

Last edited:

TimS124

There was a Kickstarter project a couple months or so ago with a design like that…works OK but I don't like having the pen tip and stylus on the same end! Heck, I don't like them in the same body even when they're at opposite ends!

Hand that to a non-technical customer and they'll likely not even notice the stylus end…they'll click it, and start signing their name on your phone/tablet as you're ringing up their order with your Square (or equivalent). Youch!

I have some from the Kickstarter project with the intent of seeing if they could be converted for use in a custom body...

Jgrden

I would not trust the pen. I would have nightmares over the point coming out and scratching the face of my iPad.

Top Bottom