Diana Diamond Cast "Oil Slick" in Chrome

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from egnald

egnald

Greetings from Nebraska.

This morning I made one of the Diana kits that I received last Friday from Exotic Blanks for my wife. I used a Diamond Cast Oil Slick blank made by Tim McKenzie at McKenzie Penworks. I think it turned out pretty good. The blanks are very interesting, kind of like Forrest Gump's box of chocolates. The colors and patterning are completely different than what they were before it was turned. From different sides it almost looks like a completely different pen.

I really like the Diana kits. I guess I will have to order some more of them from Exotic Blanks.

Regards,
Dave

PS. The slightly pregnant lower section was by request.

Here are the pictures:
IMG_2789 Cropped.jpg

IMG_2783 Cropped.jpg
IMG_2784 Cropped.jpg
IMG_2785 Cropped.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Joebobber

I made my wife 1 with a diamondcast rainbow blank, and 2 for her sisters with unicorn poop. The diamondcast blanks go really well on that kit imp.

Kcimdrib

David great Pen even though I'm not an Acrylic, fan you've made a wonderful job with this one.

egnald

David great Pen even though I'm not an Acrylic, fan you've made a wonderful job with this one.

Thank you. Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of the plastic blanks either although I have quite a few of them and most of the ones that I've used have made attractive pens. (My wife likes them anyway).

I really like Cocobolo, Ironwood from the Sonoran Desert in Arizona, Olive Wood from the Holy Land, Bois de Rose from Madagascar, Redwood Burls from California, and burls of all kinds of unique trees from Laos. I am also a fan of making very simple segmented blanks using bits of Trustone/Simstone, especially with the Ironwood.

I would really like to get my hands on a bunch of the Hairy Oak (Woolly Oak, StringyBark Sheoak) from Eastern Australia. Especially if it is cut on the diagonal. I think it has the most amazing and gorgeous grain.

Thanks again,
Dave

Kcimdrib

The only help I can offer Lincolshire Wood Craft has some but do they ship to the US.
Be careful the Web Site shows up with an insecure warning.
I have used them with no problem. Hope this helps .

Top Bottom