Diamond Knurl twist pen kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SMBOYD

Has anyone assembled a diamond knurl twist pen? I am having difficulty in getting it to work properly. The bank is the correct length, the refill is correct, and the twist mechanism works well until I attach the cap and finial sections. Then, the twist mechanism no longer operates. Has anyone had a similar problem with this pen?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I have made quite a few with no problems. Not sure what the issue may be. I'll check a few I have in stock to see if I may have a thought. Maybe the cap is not tight enough to engage the mechanism and it is slipping???

Fred Bruche

Ditto to Mark's comment. The cap/finial needs to be pushed on the mechanism, I usually need the pen press to achieve that, sounds like it could be the problem.

TonyL

I have made them without many problems. However, I do not have much success with the Sierra style where the barrel is only attached to one side.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Check your brass tube for crud. If the fit is too tight at the nib, the body won't rotate.

Usually clear dry adhesive, a penknife will scratch the glue and make it visible.

Top Bottom