Diamond Knurl Rollerball

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Drewby108

Drewby108

So much effort to mess up right at the end by miss clocking the cap to the body by 180 degrees. Oh well. Also got a little crack from an overheated drill, but it almost blends with the grain.

Diamond knurl rollerball kit from Exoticblanks. Crazy figure olivewood from cmiller.
Regular ca micromesh finish.

Attachments

• 20220707_182456.jpg
    20220707_182456.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 182
  • 20220707_182500.jpg
    20220707_182500.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 169
  • 20220707_182638.jpg
    20220707_182638.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sorcerertd

Wow, that olive has some amazing grain! That's a great kit, too. I need to order some more (well, not really need, but...)

I believe the cap is a double start thread. If you twist the cap like you are unscrewing it you should feel it click as it skips over the starting threads twice in a single rotation. If it's 180 off, just start the threads on the opposite "click". I'm not sure if I said that so it makes sense, but also not sure how else to say it.

Drewby108

Wow, that olive has some amazing grain! That's a great kit, too. I need to order some more (well, not really need, but...)

I believe the cap is a double start thread. If you twist the cap like you are unscrewing it you should feel it click as it skips over the starting threads twice in a single rotation. If it's 180 off, just start the threads on the opposite "click". I'm not sure if I said that so it makes sense, but also not sure how else to say it.
Yup. That fixed it. Glad that I didn't completely mess it up lol. Didn't even consider there being multiple threads.

The kit is still available on sale this week, I think. You know, to help with that self control.

JohnU

Pretty straightforward. The knurled bit and ring next to it are loose, so be careful there, otherwise it was smooth sailing
Being loose is actually a good thing. It allows you to play with custom center bands to accent the blank without having to beat on the parts to get them apart… like on the jr gent. The finial comes out with a small punch or nail inside the cap against the top river. I find this pen set to be perfect for making those custom alterations. Nice job on yours! You can't go wrong with olive wood!

Drewby108

Being loose is actually a good thing. It allows you to play with custom center bands to accent the blank without having to beat on the parts to get them apart… like on the jr gent. The finial comes out with a small punch or nail inside the cap against the top river. I find this pen set to be perfect for making those custom alterations. Nice job on yours! You can't go wrong with olive wood!
I hadn't considered that angle. I was more just warning not to drop the part and have the ring roll under a table like mine did lol.

Joebobber

"Keep munching, we'll make more!!"

Stock added, thanks for mentioning we showed "out"!!
Just got a couple. Thank you for adding more! Now can you fix ups and usps? My order from you was supposed to be delivered yesterday but ups sent it to Ohio. Then to Chicago, then to Minneapolis. Now its supposed to be here Tuesday. 😆 I have another order from 1 of your competitors coming usps that was supposed to be here today and instead of coming to me, it went to Hope, ND instead. There is just no winning for me. Thanks again for adding more! I really appreciate it!!

Top Bottom