Diamond Emperor

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from elkhorn

elkhorn

I purchased some of Tim McKenzie's diamond dust blanks and had the opportunity to turn one today. I found it to turn very easily with no excessive dulling of my tools. I used a roughing gouge to turn the blank. The aluminite is soft and did not offer much resistance. It does have incredible chatoyance, but the photos don't do it justice. Finished with MM, Scratch Free and Hut's Plastic Polish. Overall, very pleased with the blank and will order more. Great job, Tim.

C & C welcome

Attachments

• Imperatore Diamante.jpg
    Imperatore Diamante.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 476
  • Imperatore Diamante FP.jpg
    Imperatore Diamante FP.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 371
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

elkhorn

Tim, thank you. I think you have a winner with these blanks.

Mal, thank you, I appreciate it!

Eric, I did not paint the tubes or the inside of the blank. I held it up to a bright floodlight and could not see through it. I figured I was safe without painting. Thanks for the compliment.

Jim, much appreciated!

MB757, thank you.

OZturner

An Outstanding Emperor Pen John.
Magnificent Blank from Tim,
Superbly Turned, Fitted and Finished.
Excellent Selection of the Emperor for the Blank.
Again a Product of your Beautiful Craftsmanship,
Congratulations My Friend.
Brian.

With the colors on this blank the brass tube shouldn't be a problem. I will say it's best to paint the inside of a drilled blank to be safe. This particular one is definitely one of my favorite ones.

robutacion

Tim, thank you. I think you have a winner with these blanks.

Mal, thank you, I appreciate it!

Eric, I did not paint the tubes or the inside of the blank. I held it up to a bright floodlight and could not see through it. I figured I was safe without painting. Thanks for the compliment.

Jim, much appreciated!

MB757, thank you.

Beautiful looking pen...!

I was going to ask about the issue of tube painting, paint inside of the turned blank or both because there are some spots where it looks like the brass is showing through the more translucent parts of the blank.

Like so many other times, pics can show things that aren't really there and we all know that and that was the reason I was going to ask so that I could get confirmation in the brass is showing through in places or not.

You seem to dismiss that possibility from your recent answer and that is good enough for me...!

Cheers
George

elkhorn

Brian, my friend, thank you:) I truly appreciate your kind words.

George, it looks like Tim answered you before I could.:) Tim is correct. What you are seeing are just the colors from the blank. There is no brass tube showing. As I mentioned, I usually paint my tubes or blanks, but when I don't, I hold them up to a bright flood light next to my workbench to make sure, as I did in this case.

Scott, thank you!

TonyL

Beautiful workmanship. Also, good to know that the blank is opaque. I prefer opaque blanks because I don't have to risk not painting the barrel and tube - less work.
Thanks for sharing.

Top Bottom